Breakfast Of Champions Event And Sale

168 replies to this topic

#41 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:11 PM

View PostTomatoTyson, on 07 August 2020 - 08:23 PM, said:

These mechs are beyond painful to use. I spent nearly an hour trying to get a win and kill with the spider.

I spent about 3 matches, realised this event is absolutely not worth the return, and went back to playing Shadow of War.

#42 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:17 PM

Just returned (and purchased) my way into MWO again; was around during the Founder package days and left before it want F2P.

Anyways, agree with others' comments that Champion Mechs add no value once fully skilled out @ 91 skill points; here's my cent regarding Champion Mechs:

1a) How about bumping up the Champion mech bonus to:
+20% C-Bills, and <====<New>
+30% [mech] XP [mech experience points] <====<Keep the existing Champion Bonus!>

Oh, this will continually entice players using Champion mechs to actually spend MC (Mech Credits) to convert XP>>GXP, hence another MC revenue source for MWO.

The point is, with *Zero* C-Bills bonus, I personally would just buy the regular KDK-3 with virtual C-Bills instead.
BUT with above proposed +20% C-Bills bonus to Champion Mechs, I just might use my MC to buy KDK-3(C) Champion mech version and consistently play with this mech!

A win-win proposition for all, don't you think?

1b) The proposed +20% C-Bills Champion Bonus is actually kindness with a hook--it also entices user to buy two (2) Civil War Ultimate Packages for that additional total of +10% C-Bills Bonus hanging/standing items.
(I myself might consider this when this happens, please note).

2) Yes, I'm actually willing to spend my prescious MC on KDK-3(C) Champion mech, but it must have some sort of +% bonus to C-Bills for me to consistently play it as my main assault mech. And I'll wait until (or if) this happens.

3) As an aside, it would be brilliant if the "Ultimate" packages have Champion mech option rider included (in addition to the "Reinforcement" + "Hero" option riders). Again for the KDK-3(C) Ultimate package as an example. Just saying!

Hoping MWO is listening!

Edited by w0qj, 07 August 2020 - 10:41 PM.

#43 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 August 2020 - 02:59 AM

*sigh* ... Well, I see why the Clans have no Missile-related representation in the B.O.C. (short for "Breakfast Of Champions") 'Phase 2' Challenges now. None of the Trial Mechs really ever give consideration to that range of terribly over-nerfed existing weaponry options. -_-

As for these...

View PostLockheed_, on 07 August 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

so why would I spend MC on a champion then? once they are skilled up they are just the same as the non champion version.

Other than what SatireSphere notes...

View PostSatireSphere, on 07 August 2020 - 06:58 PM, said:

Don't champion mechs also increase the amount of GXP you earn?

...there really isn't much point, is there? At least there's none, unless you're actively trying to build up GXP (General XP) for something else in the future. :mellow:

And then there's this...

View Postcrazytimes, on 07 August 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

I spent about 3 matches, realised this event is absolutely not worth the return, and went back to playing Shadow of War.

It took you that long? I only needed one Match in the "WarHawk WHK-C(C) Trial 'Mech" version, and realized that Trial Mechs are like paper. Anyone can punch them through, make them fold up, and/or cause them to burn all too easily. Worse, due to a lack of a "Trial Mechs ONLY Queue" for people to do the Event in, this whole thing is easily messed up by everyone and/or their colleagues/friends/family/relatives who brings out a Non-Trial Mech onto the field. That truthfully just flatly ruins the Event in complete entirety, and turns it into what could be called "Die, Cannon Fodder" or "Eat The Old Champions For Breakfast" for possible Event Name options. (I could even go so far as to pick something a tad more dirty for choices in names, but I'm trying to not be rudely nasty here. I know whoever made this Event was just trying to make something interesting, and I can at least appreciate that. Unfortunately, this blasted Community is at complete & total fault for screwing it all up for them.) :(

~Mr. D. V. "currently only able to see sad things in the B.O.C. Event that's running" Devnull

#44 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:51 AM

People with GSP plans may have had their fill from the last event if they played well. At least for me there was A LOT added to my bank. Not to brag, yet I also made 11m CBills from bags alone and that would cover the cost to skill up a single new Mech with GSP, slot ES and DHS if it needed it too.

Frankly, if Champion Mech had a tweak in it's bonus, I'd wager they get used more often. Maybe.

#45 NoTrueScotsman

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:23 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 07 August 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

This event could easily be sub-titled “The Tank Your PSR Challenge”

I lost about half my progress through T2 trying to use these brittle mechs. Horrible challenge for PSR skilling unless you actually buy and skill up the mech.

#46 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:27 AM

View PostTomatoTyson, on 07 August 2020 - 08:23 PM, said:

These mechs are beyond painful to use. I spent nearly an hour trying to get a win and kill with the spider.

yep and now imagine how a newby who must use these, trys to get clear with them. No clue bout Heat / Weapon managment,twisting .... and they wonder why many people try the game once and will never be seen again^^ PGI really needs to do something with the Mechs & builds Newbys have to start with.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 08 August 2020 - 05:28 AM.

#47 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 08 August 2020 - 06:23 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 08 August 2020 - 05:27 AM, said:

yep and now imagine how a newby who must use these, trys to get clear with them. No clue bout Heat / Weapon managment,twisting .... and they wonder why many people try the game once and will never be seen again^^ PGI really needs to do something with the Mechs & builds Newbys have to start with.

To be fair, let's say PGI grants a pool of xp to slot. New players wouldb't know what matters or the relationship between them. It eould add a layer of complexity before walking onto the field.

So let's say PGI forced some skills onto the Trial Mech. Wouldn't that be a false representation of what the Mech can do in unskilled pilot hands?

To me, any player wanting to play a PvP FPS game is woefully ignorant to "just play". That attitude will get them rolled in any game. The onus rests on the player to research the game before committing time (and any money) to play it.

Having said that, for this event, ultimately if anyone doesn't like it, then nothing says they must participate. Experienced players *know* Trial Mechs are a severe handicap relative to the cushion skilled Mechs they use. So it's either a crazy challenge to the experienced or some padding for the inexperienced to possibly gain some reward. The trick either way is to "work" for the reward: for long fangs it may be taking more care and patience, for the young ones it's learning to play "better".

And seriously, if you own these Mechs, and they are skilled, then walk in and show how it's done.

#48 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 August 2020 - 07:57 AM

I feel that if MWO offered this Champion promotion in the future, they should offer medium / heavy / assault Trial mechs only.

Trying to make just one (1) kill with an unskilled light Trial mech is very challenging indeed.

Doing KMDD (Kill with Most Damage Dealt) with your light Trial mech? You must be joking.

#49 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:51 AM

"Breakfast of Champions" indeed Posted Image

#50 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:30 AM

You now you guys don't have to do the event right?

The event does give new players who have to play Trial mechs a chance to earn a little extra swag.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#51 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:49 AM

View PostNoTrueScotsman, on 08 August 2020 - 05:23 AM, said:

I lost about half my progress through T2 trying to use these brittle mechs. Horrible challenge for PSR skilling unless you actually buy and skill up the mech.

As painful as this is...better to do it now, if you are going to do it. By next week everyone will be back in Meta and the poor saps trying to run trials to finish the event are going to have it twice as hard (or worse). Now, there are at least 3-7 trials per side...so you can do terrible and still get the event done.

They could have easily named this event “A Dog’s Breakfast” and it would have fit the criteria needed to win the prizes.

#52 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:53 AM

Oh man this game is so much fun when not everybody is playing the meta! Seriusly I haven't had so much fun in a long time. I love this event!!!

#53 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:59 AM

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 08 August 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

Oh man this game is so much fun when not everybody is playing the meta! Seriusly I haven't had so much fun in a long time. I love this event!!!

I am also sure it’s a lot of fun for those who are playing meta when half of both teams isn’t......It’s a shooting gallery for them. Lol

#54 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:48 PM

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 08 August 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

In reality, it's one team playing meta because they don't need the event rewards, and the other team full of trial mechs getting farmed. LUL. Leave it to PGI to design an event that's so unfun to play, ppl don't bother.

#55 TomatoTyson

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 07:22 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if player numbers take a dive. Once I'm done with this event, soon hopefully, I'm not playing til the second phase, then I'm taking a break. This event is an absolute joke and the trial mechs, especially the lights (except the panther), are horrendous. And sure you could not play the event but then what's the point of it. It should be fun, challenging and rewarding. This is just boring.

#56 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:13 PM

Yet again all these poor babies whining that the stuff they don't have to do and get for free if they choose to is just too hard for them. **** off.

#57 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:17 PM

Well, PGI, you started by tweaking us by removing solo que. Now you've graduated to actively trolling us with the event system. Well played! It's an absolute joy to be your customer. You are doing an supreme job, please keep it up! Huzzah!!!!

Edit: I missed on 1st review that the grand prize is based on wins and not completion of the kills count. Well done on turning a complete garbage environment into a must play scenario...classy kinda....

What an absolute JOKE you've made of this...the win component, once you include your completely broken matchmaker in group only play...are you really trying to drive people out of the game?

Edited by Caldek, 09 August 2020 - 12:42 AM.

#58 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:30 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 08 August 2020 - 10:49 AM, said:

They could have easily named this event “A Dog’s Breakfast” and it would have fit the criteria needed to win the prizes.

You do realize that you're insulting anyone who has the Dog as their Chinese Zodiac connection, right? Also, you're kind of insulting the entire species of Dogs themselves by using their name in connection with the Event going on. <_<

As for these two...

View PostKiran Yagami, on 08 August 2020 - 05:48 PM, said:

In reality, it's one team playing meta because they don't need the event rewards, and the other team full of trial mechs getting farmed. LUL. Leave it to PGI to design an event that's so unfun to play, ppl don't bother.

View PostCaldek, on 08 August 2020 - 11:17 PM, said:

Well, PGI, you started by tweaking us by removing solo que. Now you've graduated to actively trolling us with the event system. Well played! It's an absolute joy to be your customer. You are doing an supreme job, please keep it up! Huzzah!!!!

Both of you, do NOT blame PGI's Events Team for this one. They and this Event are merely victims of another group within PGI's company, the Game Balance (or Bias) Team that handles things which can warp an Event into something it was not meant to be. No, seriously, I mean this... Blame the nuts handling "Game Balance" – or perhaps I should call it "Unnecessary Game Bias" – that seem to think it's such a great idea to fail in making sure both sides are filled with an approximately equal number of each Weight Class so that the Match could at least seem fair. All it would have taken was a numerical adjustment of the MatchMaking Triangle that I have previously made note of what Paul Inouye's last known setting happens to be, and Paul Inouye published that himself. We don't have to go back to the hard 3/3/3/3 (or 1/1/1/1 for a 4-man group) draconian system that there once was, if he would just fix what's currently in play. Oh, and let's not forget that PGI's Game Balance (or Bias) Team still has failed to fix the underlying Match Score provisions that are explicitly overdue and NEED tuning up for all the indirect non-damage actions which are currently lacking enough recognition of player efforts. That one is also going to be a real mess to finish fixing, but it has to be done! :(

~Mr. D. V. "knowing what's still missing with the MatchMaker, and seeing it mess up the Event now" Devnull

#59 Moonraven83

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:56 PM

Finished Phase 1. Took me about 1 to 3 Trials per Trial-Mech.
The Event is surprisingly doable but I have to agree that the Trial-Mechs are absolutly outdated and need rework.

#60 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 12:08 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 August 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

You do realize that you're insulting anyone who has the Dog as their Chinese Zodiac connection, right? Also, you're kind of insulting the entire species of Dogs themselves by using their name in connection with the Event going on. Posted Image

As for these two...

Both of you, do NOT blame PGI's Events Team for this one. They and this Event are merely victims of another group within PGI's company, the Game Balance (or Bias) Team that handles things which can warp an Event into something it was not meant to be. No, seriously, I mean this... Blame the nuts handling "Game Balance" – or perhaps I should call it "Unnecessary Game Bias" – that seem to think it's such a great idea to fail in making sure both sides are filled with an approximately equal number of each Weight Class so that the Match could at least seem fair. All it would have taken was a numerical adjustment of the MatchMaking Triangle that I have previously made note of what Paul Inouye's last known setting happens to be, and Paul Inouye published that himself. We don't have to go back to the hard 3/3/3/3 (or 1/1/1/1 for a 4-man group) draconian system that there once was, if he would just fix what's currently in play. Oh, and let's not forget that PGI's Game Balance (or Bias) Team still has failed to fix the underlying Match Score provisions that are explicitly overdue and NEED tuning up for all the indirect non-damage actions which are currently lacking enough recognition of player efforts. That one is also going to be a real mess to finish fixing, but it has to be done! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "knowing what's still missing with the MatchMaker, and seeing it mess up the Event now" Devnull

No, I blame the events team. The events team decided to give us outsized awards for playing an F'd up playstyle in a screwed up environment. They are 100% on the hook for this **** show.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users