Hotfix V1.4.275.0

127 replies to this topic

#81 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:47 AM

I think we can all feel a little empathy for those who can no longer run 5xAC10 on their Moonwalkers, while understanding this was never supposed to be the case and that a fix was guaranteed to be coming ASAP.

The Fafnir armor hotfix is odd - I am still seeing the "Legendary" Juggernaut with the weakest armor in its family. And while on Fafnirs, is anyone else noticing they are now having torso's being blown off all over the place? I'm regretting buying two Fafnirs it this last little while right before they "fixed" the Fafnir hitboxes. The brawling ability of this line of mechs seems to have taken a major hit. Hopefully the next patch addresses this somehow.

#82 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 08:47 AM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 30 March 2023 - 07:47 AM, said:

I think we can all feel a little empathy for those who can no longer run 5xAC10 on their Moonwalkers, while understanding this was never supposed to be the case and that a fix was guaranteed to be coming ASAP.

The Fafnir armor hotfix is odd - I am still seeing the "Legendary" Juggernaut with the weakest armor in its family. And while on Fafnirs, is anyone else noticing they are now having torso's being blown off all over the place? I'm regretting buying two Fafnirs it this last little while right before they "fixed" the Fafnir hitboxes. The brawling ability of this line of mechs seems to have taken a major hit. Hopefully the next patch addresses this somehow.

They did make the side torso hitboxes bigger on the Fafnir, I'd put my money on that. (not literally)

#83 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 30 March 2023 - 09:04 AM

They "corrected" the hitboxes to shrink the CT. Whether the old or new hitboxes are more accurate is up for debate. Where the divide is between side and center on most mechs is pretty subjective.

#84 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 March 2023 - 09:50 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 30 March 2023 - 07:21 AM, said:

The issue is that ghost heat changes were reactionary in response to nerfing weapons. Since the Dire wolf was literally the only mech that could reliably run 5AC10, it wasn't an issue, because, well, it's a dire, with horrendous mounts, and horrible geometry and agility to boot.

The Moonwalker was never intended to have no LAA, it was always intended to be so, but, of course people make mistakes, and it did happen, as per usual to no one's surprise.

Getting tired of this crap though, and expect more awful things to come, considering the cashgrab method they are now following instead of a more traditional approach to actually make it appealing to buy mechs other than inflated hardpoints and gimmick quirks.

So I haven't bought a Moonwalker, thus I'm reliant on MechDB for information. That said, the "stock loadout" presented there completely fills the 'mech, even without lower arm actuators. Where did MechDB get this loadout if it's so patently "wrong"? It uses an XL 300 engine, whole tons of ammo, with a half-ton of armor missing from the legs, and one more point on one leg than the other.

Post-patch, I see players uploading a screenshot of one heat sink missing, one of the ammunition bins reduced by a half-ton, the engine increased to a 305 (which is never used except when trying to fill in missing weight), with the same uneven half-ton of armor missing from the legs.

So you can see where I'm having a hard time believing "lower arm actuators were planned from the beginning". I don't know where the properly min/maxed loadout would have come from, otherwise. The Juggernaut build was correctly updated as soon as the builds were published, and I can't believe that the Moonwalker build would be that far off at the same time...

View PostKodan Black, on 30 March 2023 - 09:04 AM, said:

They "corrected" the hitboxes to shrink the CT. Whether the old or new hitboxes are more accurate is up for debate. Where the divide is between side and center on most mechs is pretty subjective.

Not "corrected". Just "changed". It wasn't worthy of their time until they were trying to sell another Fafnir.

#85 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 12:55 PM

I do wish the legendries got a better unique perk since they are only available for real money. Not necessarily a combat perk that would break balance even more but something like +75% cbill boost or make a new perk like after 20,000 exp earn 100MC. That would get me to play the LGDs more. Now that I finished the battle pass I'm kind of like "meh".

In an attempt to lighten the mood of the post, anyone have a fun build for the Moonwalker or Jug? besides the UAC kind of normal builds.

Jugs: A fun one I've found is LE325, 5xAC5, MASCV
MW: for long range nose picking, GAUSSx3, ERPPC

#86 achalkov

• Pip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 02:04 PM

Honestly, i'm a bit disappointed with this LGD mechs. Imo - legendary mechs should not be OP and P2W machines, but should be fun and uniq.

Jug feels somewhat like that. Not enough but, fafnir with MASC is fun. I've tried 2xRAC5, 6HMG, LE375, MASC and it just a fun drill for flanking on some maps (its really fun to surprisingly apper behind enemy team on 85kph fafnir and do BRRRRR). But as fafnir was nerfed to the ground by changing ST hitboxes - its by far not so fun as it used to be before this patch.

MW is just another boring MCII with no unique feeling.

Hope that was only the first approach to LGD mechs design and new ones will be much more uniq and fun.

Edited by achalkov, 30 March 2023 - 03:08 PM.

#87 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 02:16 PM

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 30 March 2023 - 12:55 PM, said:

I do wish the legendries got a better unique perk since they are only available for real money. Not necessarily a combat perk that would break balance even more but something like +75% cbill boost or make a new perk like after 20,000 exp earn 100MC. That would get me to play the LGDs more. Now that I finished the battle pass I'm kind of like "meh".

In an attempt to lighten the mood of the post, anyone have a fun build for the Moonwalker or Jug? besides the UAC kind of normal builds.

Jugs: A fun one I've found is LE325, 5xAC5, MASCV
MW: for long range nose picking, GAUSSx3, ERPPC

On the Moonwalker I've been having fun with UAC20 2UAC10 and a Large Pulse!

#88 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 03:06 PM

We are aware of the issue with the Moonwalker's arm actuators and it will be fixed in the April patch. We will continue to monitor the hitboxes on the Fafnir to determine if they need further adjustment. Free Worlds Coliseum will also be updated in the April patch. Thank you for your continued feedback, it is very helpful for designing future maps and Legendary 'Mechs!

#89 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 05:16 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 30 March 2023 - 03:06 PM, said:

We are aware of the issue with the Moonwalker's arm actuators and it will be fixed in the April patch. We will continue to monitor the hitboxes on the Fafnir to determine if they need further adjustment. Free Worlds Coliseum will also be updated in the April patch. Thank you for your continued feedback, it is very helpful for designing future maps and Legendary 'Mechs!

Awesome to hear. I look forward to the April patch. Thanks!

#90 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 06:47 PM

View PostStone Cold Sweet Potato, on 29 March 2023 - 11:03 AM, said:

I would prefer to see some consistency among the MCII's chassis. Half have LAAs and the other half do not.

That inconsistency is already there in the tabletop game; out of the canon MadCat MkII variants, 5 of them do not have LAAs (1, 2, 3, 6, Enhanced) and 2 of them do (4, 5).

For once this isn't 100% a PGI-caused issue, although they definitely could have handled the Moonwalker release better.

#91 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,668 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 March 2023 - 02:52 PM

What about a custom sound pack for a Legendary mech?

#92 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 31 March 2023 - 05:00 PM

How about a +CBills Bonus Warnhorn for Legendary Mechs? ;)

#93 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 05:54 PM

Since we're throwing stuff out there right now, how about unlocking the solar panel bolt-ons for the madcat so I can put them on one of my other variants?

#94 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 746 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 31 March 2023 - 08:20 PM

And since we're still throwing stuff out there, how about allowing us to use other bolt-ons on the LGD mechs? You give us 1 measly bolt-on when the previous dual packs had a whole set of them, but don't even let us put other, regular bolt-ons on these supposedly special mechs. Also, I'd like to know an ETA for the double bonus you mentioned in the dev vlog. I was really excited about the concept of these legendary mechs but so far they've been SUPER average and not legendary feeling at all. The most outstanding special feature they had so far are the bugs.

#95 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 April 2023 - 03:54 AM

The Moonwalkers high reverse speed is far more that a gimmick, it is often the deadly edge you need over an opponent, particularly light ones. Players are so focused on the loadout and arm movement, this one is highly underrated.

#96 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 April 2023 - 02:01 PM

View PostDakkalistic, on 01 April 2023 - 03:54 AM, said:

The Moonwalkers high reverse speed is far more that a gimmick, it is often the deadly edge you need over an opponent, particularly light ones. Players are so focused on the loadout and arm movement, this one is highly underrated.

That is fair. The one scenario that always comes to mind for me is especially when using a weapon with minimum range such as ATMs and LRMs. That and moonwalking to the front line so I can hee hee on the enemies is groovy.

#97 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 April 2023 - 06:49 PM

View PostHauptmann Keg Steiner, on 30 March 2023 - 06:47 PM, said:

That inconsistency is already there in the tabletop game; out of the canon MadCat MkII variants, 5 of them do not have LAAs (1, 2, 3, 6, Enhanced) and 2 of them do (4, 5).

For once this isn't 100% a PGI-caused issue, although they definitely could have handled the Moonwalker release better.

Although, from what I can tell, it seems they follow a pretty consistent pattern of having them when equipped with Lasers, and not when equipped with Ballistics, even going so far as to only put a single actuator on the -5, for the laser arm, and leaving it off the ballistic arm. Meaning that only PGI's fake variants break this pattern: -B, and -MW.

#98 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2023 - 08:18 AM

Personally im pissed off at PGI right now over the moonwalker and juggernaut paid USD $30.00 and a week later they get nerfed what a bunch of crappola. I finally found some load outs i like with weapons speed ETC. skills and they nerf my mechs leaving all but 2 loadouts that are not invalid.

I have been patient with PGI over there bad decisions on game design for a long time now even still supported them but this takes the cake on rude crappola to there player base.

Edited by KingCobra, 02 April 2023 - 08:19 AM.

#99 Kell Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 141 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 02 April 2023 - 04:37 PM

In no way did this mech need nerfed! This was a bad decision. This invalidates MANY loadouts for this mech. Meanwhile boating AC's is still available for many other chassis.

#100 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 02 April 2023 - 05:28 PM

Is it possible to list accumulators in MechDB?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users