#161 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 April 2023 - 09:41 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 19 April 2023 - 05:56 AM, said:

I blame the amount of players simply running around in DERP Cannon Fodder mechs without any intention to improve their skills! Posted Image

I don't mind losing, but losing game after game at anything less than 9-12 or 8-12 is nothing else than being in a useless team that has no clue what they are doing!

Stomps do suck.. even if you win. I noticed stomps are just as likely when there is a strong 4-man as when there are 2 teams of 'newer players' facing off. Despite all those that like to complain about them and what they THINK is the cause.. there just is no rhyme or reason as to what causes them, and as long as MM can't do it's job due to limited player base, this will be an ongoing issue.. PERIOD.

I don't see that happening to be honest :
- This game is for those who simply like the whole MechWarrior and Battletech stuff.
- Or like me use to watch that silly cartoon about them Posted Image
- And don't mind playing a very old game by now with no fancy shmancy HDR stuff and what not...

Numbers have gone up according to steam charts.. if PGI makes some right moves, it should continue to rise. I'm with you about the grafx not being an issue. Many games have done very well without having HD grafx. This game's uniqueness is its' strong suit and is why it continues to surprise us, what.. even 10 years later?

Old players bringing friends doesn't make those friends the hardcore base too immediately ?!

No, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

In such cases I still think that there should be an option to take over their mech and fight with it! Posted Image But I still think that they should be banned for at least 1 month !! Or maybe block the mech they used for 1 month ?

Meh, I hardly see suicides at start of match.. it's usually at the end when the outcome is already decided anyway. This matter has no bearing on anything..

Maybe they should try to get better and learn from those players instead of just playing the Calimero game : Cry, cry, cry and yell "But they are bigger than me! That's not fair!" Posted ImagePosted Image

Indeed. This is how I learned how to play.. the exact players people complain about should be studied.. notice the mech they use.. their positioning.. their loadout.. i mean how else are you going to improve? By playing against other unskilled players? This always baffled me..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 19 April 2023 - 09:41 AM.

#162 Tarteso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 19 April 2023 - 10:30 AM

After checking this bizarre map mod, the purpose for the adition of these ridiculous umbrellas ALL OVER THE MAP is perfectly obvious. This is the the most stupid thing I´ve ever seen in this game. Well...
Anyone at the PGI staff is playing this game regularly, so he/she can truly understand the purposes of the changes suggested by the cauldron people? If so, do you agree?

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 18 April 2023 - 05:09 PM, said:

...Until player base grows to a level that can sustain multiple queues, we can't afford to restrict QP to just solo droppers. Doing so would be going in the WRONG direction and it would be a smack in the face to the units that make up the hardcore base of the players and the players that enjoy dropping with friends.

TL:DR In a perfect world we would have separate queues.. but until our player base grows, it's simply not viable to do what you suggest. Numbers have been growing, but personally, I don't see it being anywhere near where we need it to be.

We? LOL
Probe it by testing 3 months of separate queues. If there are so many people playing grouped, they should have no problems to find FP or group matches, right? Otherwise, their number is irrelevant to run QP matches.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 18 April 2023 - 11:09 AM, said:

Good game to you all
Posted Image
Posted Image

I´m very tempted

Edited by Tarteso, 19 April 2023 - 10:34 AM.

#163 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 April 2023 - 10:47 AM

View PostTarteso, on 19 April 2023 - 10:30 AM, said:

We? LOL
Probe it by testing 3 months of separate queues. If there are so many people playing grouped, they should have no problems to find FP or group matches, right? Otherwise, their number is irrelevant to run QP matches.
I´m very tempted

This feels like dejavu.. we had this exact debate a few years ago.. When solo queue was strictly solo, game was on life support. The player base hasn't increased enough since then to justify a change.. but ultimately PGI has the numbers to crunch.

Sometimes taking a break from a game is healing..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 19 April 2023 - 12:38 PM.

#164 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 April 2023 - 01:12 PM

Daedalos said ([color=#959595]Numbers have gone up according to steam charts.. if PGI makes some right moves, it should continue to rise. I'm with you about the grafx not being an issue. Many games have done very well without having HD grafx. This game's uniqueness is its' strong suit and is why it continues to surprise us, what.. even 10 years later?)[/color]
[color=#959595]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color][color=#959595]I[/color]

[color="#959595"]I will try one last time to reach out to PGI to Help the game .Many do not remember the golden days of Mechwarrior on the MSN Gaming Zone when the players of Mechwarrior3 and Mechwarrior4 and expansions played the games I still remember the 6 servers each having 100 rooms to set up gameplay in the 20+ various leagues each league its own unique style of game play from Solaris to faction play and even co-op league's.[/color]

These leagues would not have been viable without these chat rooms and a main chat room so players from all over the world could learn the games get advice and actually be taught by players in strategy game mechanics all having fun in there stompy robots killing each other.

When MWO came out many of us thought what a baren unsocial game? And it has been for 10 years that in many players opinions is why it never achieved the player numbers the older mechwarrior games achieved. Many of us older players tried many times to alert PGI to this aspect and asked for a main chat lobby system to be installed in the UI so new players could get the actual help they needed hands on from the players themselves not just on a forum.

But as time went by it was only once a reality for a few weeks a PGI employee did actually make a replica of the old MSN Gamming Zone system but it was pulled before it even had a chance to be tested. I think from time to time what MWO could have been if it would have been done right as far as a Social Game System players could have taken and expanded the game on.

Mechwarrior 2-Mechwarrior4 and all there expansions were not just playing Stompy Robots it was a Social exciting experience and a Culture of Vibrant players and their desire to make the game much more than it actually was The Fans and Players even had plans to make a true Battletech MMO set in the times of the Star League with Solders and Mechs locked in a eternal Battle for Power and Dominance.

#165 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 April 2023 - 01:23 PM

Steam numbers aren't really up--hovering around 900-1000 peak players and 500-600 average players. It's not unusual to have a bump when a new mech is released. We are still down about 100 for this year compared to last. (in the past, Russ said Steam players make up about half the total player count so we can reasonably double these numbers for a estimated total number of simultaneous players.)
https://steamcharts.com/app/342200

MW5 does better. https://steamcharts.com/app/784080

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 19 April 2023 - 01:25 PM.

#166 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 April 2023 - 01:45 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 19 April 2023 - 01:23 PM, said:

Steam numbers aren't really up--hovering around 900-1000 peak players and 500-600 average players. It's not unusual to have a bump when a new mech is released. We are still down about 100 for this year compared to last. (in the past, Russ said Steam players make up about half the total player count so we can reasonably double these numbers for a estimated total number of simultaneous players.)

Yes but numbers are up since we last had the debate about whether to keep QP as strictly solo queue or merged.. but not up enough to justify changing anything..

#167 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 April 2023 - 02:54 PM

But I still think that they should be banned for at least 1 month !!
Or maybe block the mech they used for 1 month ?

That's a great way to lose players the normal cooldown is good enough,

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 19 April 2023 - 01:23 PM, said:

MWO is also very very old MW5 is only about 2 years old

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 April 2023 - 02:57 PM.

#168 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 April 2023 - 02:57 PM

View PostRaffen Volt, on 17 April 2023 - 08:16 PM, said:

Lore wise, Inner Sphere tech made a lot of advances after the initial clan invasion due to Wolf's Dragoons sharing clan tech, and reverse engineering of salvaged clan Mechs, weapons, and equipment. The gap in technology gets reduced, but overall clan tech is still generally lighter, more compact, and weapon ranges are longer, particularly energy weapons.

While all that's true, the more advanced equipment wasn't called by the same name. Beagle Active Probe is always Beagle Active Probe, and is always 1.5 tons and 2 crits. The upgraded equipment is called "Bloodhound Active Probe". The Clans made their own advancement at the same time, or a little later, which is called "CEWS", which I think means "Combat Electronic Warfare System" (or Clan EWS?), which is a combination of active probe and ecm in one piece of equipment.

#169 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 April 2023 - 03:37 PM

View PostRalph Edwards, on 18 April 2023 - 02:29 AM, said:

Any plans on doing Legendary Omnimechs? The battlemechs are great and all but they do not capture the clan flavor.

Omnimechs are too limiting. Battlemechs are Meta. Imagine what twisted series of events had to happen to make THAT a true statement...

#170 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 April 2023 - 03:43 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 18 April 2023 - 10:57 AM, said:

Not MWO.

It used to be. With a little effort, interest, and motivation, it can be, again.

#171 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 April 2023 - 06:04 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 19 April 2023 - 10:47 AM, said:

This feels like dejavu.. we had this exact debate a few years ago.. When solo queue was strictly solo, game was on life support. The player base hasn't increased enough since then to justify a change.. but ultimately PGI has the numbers to crunch.

Sometimes taking a break from a game is healing..

you take a break I miss the sound of my own machines.

#172 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 06:13 PM

DEADALOS5 you were one of the people who in the beginning argued for the inclusion of soup queue . It was statistically proven that addition of soup queue resulted in 5% increase in stomps globally and that was the reason why we got PSR changes added a bit later. So it did result in worse matches on average.

I can back this all up if needed.

Posted Image
What do you think happened in Season 46 ? ( yeah thats right , Soup queue ) It was so impactful that it also directly reflected on mech chassis performance since people were maxing out tonnage mostly skewing wins of heavier chassis in their favor somewhat.

One needs to understand why problems with the previous GQ killed it and why solo queue was left alive . One of the reasons why previous Group Q system died is because you could have had five teams of 9 and six teams of 8 players and while you would have enough population to fill a match because of group sizes being unrestricted a match would never be formed.
Uneven unmixable group sizes made it so that even if you had enough population to form matches , matches were not going to get formed because group sizes were unmatchable. A problem that is easily solved by limiting it to groups of 2 and 4 .

At that point one can even enable groups of 8 , but that was another problem with the previous GQ system and a massive mistake on PGIs part since 8 compies ( or 12) like was the case in the past are going to wipe the floor with average mechdads groups or a mix of groups . Especially knowing that there are less of them overall and even if the MM was capable of balancing teams ( and its not atm nor was it before ) there is probably not enough skilled groups of that size that would make matches even.
When you restrict group sizes even without MM there is a higher chance of matches being better balance just by sheer luck of those teams being distributed between 2 sides instead of all of them being on one .

Instead of advocating for a hybrid system back then ( 8v8 with solo opt ins + incentives or 8v8 with solos being dragged in after a 2 minute timer ) we ended up with what we have now which is so bad that you can usually tell which side is going to win esp if you recognize tags on both sides . Both with strong and weak groups that can sway matches one way or the other , with a bunch of solos being stuck there not having as much influence as a 4 player group even if they are a good player. Its hard to carry 4 players who decide to do some **** strat and throw their mechs away and with 4 strong player groups you are fighting for damage since you know its going to be a stomp ahead of time.

I already participated in some mini tournaments with some other players where we competed on who is going to have a highest WL ratio in the queue over 25 matches ? What do you think was the result ? I was able to maintain 12.5 WL ratio , now imagine a competent 4 man group. They can barely lose at all .

You are either clueless or malicious (or both) , either way one of the reasons why we are still discussing this thing at all is because people like you and some others heavily advocated for it and didn't push back when it was time to do so . Resulting in a lot of people quitting the game .When a hybrid system that could have benefited all could have been implemented back then. And now we'r having to re analyze it all again and PGI is pressured to make changes while they are super light on devpower and have forgot how certain things even work under the hud.

#173 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 April 2023 - 06:17 PM

Are you talking about the solaris?

#174 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 April 2023 - 06:43 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 April 2023 - 05:48 PM, said:

I hope one of the developers reads our messages.
I want to say something about the introduction of drop decks in a quick play.
If you intend to allow players to deploy multiple times in a single battle, you should remove groups from quick play at the time of the introduction of this innovation.
I have repeatedly witnessed how ordinary players simply left the match even at the stage of loading the battle. When teams information is loaded and regular players see that they have a group of strong players playing against them, and their team does not have enough strong players, they simply leave the match. Or they just commit suicide by overheating their mech, or by leaving the map borders (out of bounds), or going straight for the enemy without firing a single shot (or firing a couple of shots just to avoid getting banned for suicide and assisting the enemy). And although I condemn these people, I understand why they do it.
And such incidents, with the introduction of the ability to repeatedly drop in one battle, will occur more and more often. You PGI may not be aware of this, but common players don't really enjoy being fodder for a group of strong players who jump into a quick play to satisfy their sadistic lust. Few people enjoy being beaten for half an hour in four mechs in a row.

P.S. I will also support people who remind PGI that a quick play is a quick play. This is an opportunity for a player to drop in and play a quick and short match. Not all players have the opportunity (and desire) to play the one match for 30 minutes without a break.

this may be possible if the points do not drop when they leave.

Take other games as an example. battlefield,cod server is always open.
Players are connecting to servers.
and players come out whenever they want.

you are thinking small, think big.

#175 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 April 2023 - 06:46 PM

There are big maps in the game.

#176 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 April 2023 - 06:50 PM

when you design a new mod the rules, players, teams, spawn points, numbers don't need to be the same

#177 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 April 2023 - 07:04 PM

I played solaris. I joined that arena when it first came out. I didn't like it.

And many people didn't like it.

solaris had a ranking system that offended people.

I don't think that when you put people in a big crowd on a big map, they won't be bothered by it.

because there will be chaos.

snipers, ecms, light mechs, gigants
I think something good will happen.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 19 April 2023 - 07:08 PM.

#178 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 07:28 PM

Gonna have to be critical here.

-looking at bringing Drop Decks to Quick Play
Stop looking. It is called Quick Play for a reason. I am not staying in game with a lame team, with 4 mech drop deck, for half hour.

-map update
Thumbs down. An example of how not to try to satisfy everyone. Map went form cool, new, interesting, offering new game dynamic. To old, boring million obstructions in a way. Purple barf on the walls x10.

#179 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 07:37 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 19 April 2023 - 06:43 PM, said:

Take other games as an example. battlefield,cod server is always open.

Players are connecting to servers.
and players come out whenever they want.

I don't know much about the "Battlefield" game. However, I know the main reason why a Battlefield can never be compared to MWO is the number of players.

P.S. There are too many of you on the forum. You should work on your manner of communication on the forum. The way you communicate has long been coined a name - "flood".
It is absolutley not necessary to lay out separately every thought that occurs in your head every three minutes. Write one message of sufficient capacity, in which you give a reasoned opinion on the game. I assure you, most of the people here are mentally developed enough to understand texts containing more than ten words.

#180 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 April 2023 - 07:51 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 19 April 2023 - 07:37 PM, said:

I don't know much about the "Battlefield" game. However, I know the main reason why a Battlefield can never be compared to MWO is the number of players.

P.S. There are too many of you on the forum. You should work on your manner of communication on the forum. The way you communicate has long been coined a name - "flood".
It is absolutley not necessary to lay out separately every thought that occurs in your head every three minutes. Write one message of sufficient capacity, in which you give a reasoned opinion on the game. I assure you, most of the people here are mentally developed enough to understand texts containing more than ten words.

What do you call the groups of people who give negative pessimistic answers to every message I write, I'm sorry I couldn't find it yet. Posted Image

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users