what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#201 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Behave peeps! Stop with the jabs and insults.

#202 Steamroller Stig

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

random deviation

#203 Crow Splat

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Any weapon, module or other piece of gear for sale for real world currency that is significantly better than what is available for in game currency. Premium weapons and such (if they exist) should be good enough to entice you to buy but not so good that you're handicapping yourself by not having them.

As much as some will hate me for saying this, I dont want to see a 1 day for 1 day passage of time. Its fine to start out but I don't want to wait 8 to 10 years hoping this game lasts long enough for me to use my favorite mech designs.

Lockbox/lottery style items with uber rare ultra-desireable mechs. STO players know what I'm talking about.

Maps that funnel combat to specific "kill zones"

Gameplay that favors one play style or mech class over another. I.e. light mechs always being sub-optimal, assaults always being the best choice.

That pretty much sums up my concerns.

#204 nad2357

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 27 May 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

So, about that 35-ton Hollander that canonically makes its debut in 3054...?
Posted Image

its so overpowered its not even funny

View PostChristopher Dayson, on 27 May 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Gauss Rifle: 15 tons, +1 ton for ammo. 16 tons. Leaving 19 tons on a 35 ton mech.

35 ton mech has 2 ton endo steel internal structure, 3 tons for cockpit, lets say 6/9 movement 210 XL Engine at 4.5 tons. Gyro at 3 tons . 6.5 tons of armor for 104 points of armor.

So yep. Light mech can easily field a gauss rifle.

i still dont have to like it

View PostCrow Splat, on 27 May 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Any weapon, module or other piece of gear for sale for real world currency that is significantly better than what is available for in game currency. Premium weapons and such (if they exist) should be good enough to entice you to buy but not so good that you're handicapping yourself by not having them.

As much as some will hate me for saying this, I dont want to see a 1 day for 1 day passage of time. Its fine to start out but I don't want to wait 8 to 10 years hoping this game lasts long enough for me to use my favorite mech designs.

Lockbox/lottery style items with uber rare ultra-desireable mechs. STO players know what I'm talking about.

Maps that funnel combat to specific "kill zones"

Gameplay that favors one play style or mech class over another. I.e. light mechs always being sub-optimal, assaults always being the best choice.

That pretty much sums up my concerns.

i hate the lock box system you have to pay for the keys and usualy the item inside isn't worth it

#205 Dmitri Ravenoff

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten, USA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

In practice, the Hollander was not a really good Mech. It was too slow for its weight and had poor armor protection. Plus it had NO backup weapons. If something got in at knife fighting range, it was dead. Yes it could hit hard at long range, but in game, a gauss takes a lot more time to reload than med lasers take to recharge and in the same time I bet the smaller weapons could flay a Hollander before it did enough damage to make much difference.

#206 Ambient

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

I dont want to see a pay to win model. That is whats going to make or break this game.

#207 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

There will be no Pay-to-Win... there will only be WIN!

(I don't want to see Running have absolutely no effect on heat build-up)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 27 May 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#208 UBCslayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Does anyone know if there will be a zoom reticule option in MWO similar to the one in MW4?

#209 Sean Casey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I think some of the issues can be resolved with having a slower rate of fire and heat dissipation than in previous MW games. It will give more opportunities for movement based tactics and potentially more measured use of weapons (not everything being alpha strikes).

Also, give the mech pilot hit points. Let excessive heat (and head shots) run the risk of injurying the pilot even if the mech doesn't shut down. That will pretty much eliminate those 7 ERLL blast and shut down configs. No sense in getting that one shot blast if you heat up so much it kills the pilot. Heat injury to the pilot is in TT game and promotes keepng the heat lower. Perhaps this can be an opportuity to offer non-mech equipment for sale like an "improved" cooling vest that reduces the % chance for heat related injury.

As far as limited perfect accuracy and hill humping etc, I would suggest that speed based random dispersion would solve that. At a complete stop there wouldn't be any, but the faster a mech is moving, and especially with JJ's increase shot dispersion. Afterall, the chassis would be vibrating and be anything but perfectly steady so at a full sprint or using JJ's the shot would be more "general" area. This was handled well in the TT game, and if not too overblown would fit well into MWO. It still allows long range sniping with Gauss, LL, and PPC, but if you are sitting still, making those shots, it increases your risk of being sniped back. It gives light mechs a reason to close in with heavier long range mechs so as to keep them moving and their weapons less accurate.

#210 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image

I don't want to see miscreant's Beta Invite... B)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 27 May 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#211 Lagavulin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEn route to the target planet

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

dancing mechs would definitely make me question my soon-to-be-$60 contribution. That and emotes. Definitely, no emotes.

#212 Crow Splat

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostUBCslayer, on 27 May 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Does anyone know if there will be a zoom reticule option in MWO similar to the one in MW4?

I believe one of the dev blogs had a sample module that increased zoom magnification so I would assume yes.

#213 Black Dragon EnDrakus

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

a 7 ERLL alpha strike is an instant reactor core breach as far as i know, the heat spike would be so high and so fast that no amount of heatsinks could ever prevent what is effectivly an auto destruct. at least that's what always happened when i tried to alpha a supernova in MW3, and that was with just 6 lasers.

#214 Orion Pirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, Virginia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

I know it has been said already, but I don't want to see Melee weapons. I don't think I will like the style of play that would introduce.

I could be wrong, but from what I have seen of melee weapons in other FPS games, it really is no fun for me.

Edited by Orion Pirate, 27 May 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#215 Gerhardt Howzer

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

I never want to see a Dropship on the surface of a contested planet.

#216 Thaurien

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

My biggest concern with this game is the fact that i was suppose to get outside more this summer and now i believe that isn't going to happen. Oh and i'm slightly concerned if there will be anything like ''premium'' items<ammo><weapons>, etc..I want a good mix of maps that doesn't always favor certain mechs.

#217 Kracow

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

A good mix of maps that can favor different style of mechs in any situation, would hate to see everyone eventually in an assualt mech.
Any type of ammo that is bought for real money that is marginally better.

Match Making that does not take into consideration of pilot skill in some regard.

#218 TronHarkon

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationnear the rim but closer to the center

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

the 1 thing i don't wanna see is PREM/GOLD AMMO that would destroy this game

#219 Sovery_Simple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostWolfpack75, on 26 May 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Mechlab....oh wait....

Seriously, I don't like the thing, especially without some major cost to changing your mech's loadout.  I see the future, and it consists of 2 or so chassis of each type that have been determined to have the "best" weapons mix all over the place while other mechs are never used.  I would rather have seen only canon variants and no customization or at least make it so expensive that you have to seriously work your butt off to do it.  I'm sure there will be a few holdouts like me that want to play the unpopular designs, but this is an online game, which seem to breed min/maxers, which are the bane of variety in these things.
So you don't like one of the defining points of mechwarrior games over the years? You're just being irrational now.

#220 Xomic

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

I hate to see MWO become inaccessible to new players.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users