#9301 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:45 PM

View PostCyrilis, on 25 November 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

OK, so thats a tricky clicky then. I will sty out of this phase then cause I am less than 20k LP away from the "Hero of Rasahague" and I will not be risking that one...

It shouldn't reset your LPs for your current faction (unless you fight against said faction), unless you are on the "extra" progression bar for loyalty ranks.

However, (I don't have the game up, so I don't have this confirmed), if you go to the FP tab, you should see it pop up with a selection of two contracts. If you see that from the conflict, you are fine. If you see all factions available, that's the wrong faction pledge selection for what you are looking for.

#9302 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:40 PM

View PostTesunie, on 25 November 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

... unless you are on the "extra" progression bar for loyalty ranks.

yep, that exactly is where I am...THX for the clarification

#9303 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:25 AM

I tried searching but couldn't find a forum post about it. I have been away from MWO for quite some time... before solaris kicked off in fact. My question is what is the ACC reward that one can get from patrons and what is it used for?

#9304 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:16 AM

It's some kind of reward system. With every match, you gather accoladepoints for the division they were gained in that fill a bar visible in your main solaris screen. When the bar is full, you are awarded a special solaris supply cache. These often contain bolt-ons.

#9305 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:39 AM

can someone point me to any forum posts or threads regarding spending xp and skill points?

#9306 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:11 AM

#9307 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:59 PM

And you'll want to check out https://mwomercs.com...ryhard-edition/

#9308 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:13 AM

I have some premium time banked. Can I activate like one day from that pool? Or is it gonna automatically activate whole my banked premium time?

#9309 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:31 AM

View PostBistrorider, on 23 February 2020 - 04:13 AM, said:

I have some premium time banked. Can I activate like one day from that pool? Or is it gonna automatically activate whole my banked premium time?

You can activate that banked time in two different ways, either in 30 day chunks or all at once. I'm not sure how it works within the client/game, but I know if you go to your profile in this website you can activate your premium time in 30 day allotments.

#9310 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:42 PM

should be the same in-client. It was all-in-only from the client once, but that was changed.

#9311 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:40 PM

View PostHorseman, on 22 February 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

And you'll want to check out https://mwomercs.com...ryhard-edition/

that link makes me sad to find out that in his opinion most of the sensor tree is trash

#9312 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:47 PM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 23 February 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

that link makes me sad to find out that in his opinion most of the sensor tree is trash

What skills are trash or not depends upon what you want your mech to do, and what you enjoy doing. So take any opinions you hear and put them to a test. See if it holds true for you, as most of what people say are exactly that, opinion and not fact.

For example, I really enjoy and see a lot of benefit for taking the Jump Jet skills on mechs I intend to jump a lot with. My Black Lanner, Hellfire and many light mechs enjoy speed tweak, but that isn't true for all mechs. Often times you want those survival skills to keep yourself alive longer, but for light mechs you want more speed and can often ignore the survival tree.

So, determine what you want your mech to do better, and place skills in those sections. If those skills don't seem to benefit you as you would like, you can always unlock more and reassign your skills later. (As a note, it only costs you to purchase a skill node the first time. After that you can turn that node on and off without farther costs.)

Edited by Tesunie, 23 February 2020 - 04:57 PM.

#9313 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:00 PM

View PostTesunie, on 23 February 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

What skills are trash or not depends upon what you want your mech to do, and what you enjoy doing. So take any opinions you hear and put them to a test. See if it holds true for you, as most of what people say are exactly that, opinion and not fact.

So, determine what you want your mech to do better, and place skills in those sections. If those skills don't seem to benefit you as you would like, you can always unlock more and reassign your skills later. (As a note, it only costs you to purchase a skill node the first time. After that you can turn that node on and off without farther costs.)

Well I find I do best at mid to long range with direct fire weapons (lasers, lighter autocannons, etc.) so I guess that might mean that some sensor nodes would be beneficial to me...

#9314 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:09 PM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 23 February 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

Well I find I do best at mid to long range with direct fire weapons (lasers, lighter autocannons, etc.) so I guess that might mean that some sensor nodes would be beneficial to me...

Range ones may be helpful, but sensor skills typically are better for Enchanced Target Decay for LRMs/ATMs. The skills there you want are problem Radar Deprivation, to protect yourself from homing missiles at long ranges... and maybe the ECM ones if you've got ECM on your mech.

Beyond that, experiment with a mech and see which skills benefit that mech most. Eventually, you'll just know what skills need based upon their builds after time.

#9315 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:28 AM

If there is a post or thread or sub forum that lists what mechs are suited to which roles, or what mechs fit my play style of preferring to sit at range and provide direct fire dps at range, could some one please point me in the right direction?

#9316 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:50 AM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 24 February 2020 - 08:28 AM, said:

If there is a post or thread or sub forum that lists what mechs are suited to which roles, or what mechs fit my play style of preferring to sit at range and provide direct fire dps at range, could some one please point me in the right direction?

For mid to long range you are looking for mechs with high placed cockpit and weapon mounts. Stalkers, Ravens, some Thunderbolts, Blood Asp, etc. I don't know all the mechs that could work for what you are looking for, but just look for the tell tale signs.

#9317 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:03 AM

View PostJaegerwulf, on 24 February 2020 - 08:28 AM, said:

Not quite. What you want is http://grimmechs.isengrim.org/

#9318 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:13 PM

^this right there has a lot of thought in it to baseline your builds

#9319 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:26 PM

Horseman said:

1582563793[/url]' post='6321751']
Not quite. What you want is http://grimmechs.isengrim.org/

Tried the link, most of the mechs I used to like are not in any of the tiers.... Shadowhawk and Jagermech to name 2 lol. Which list to I pick from in order to try to earn cbils to buy more Mechs...

#9320 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

As an additional option to information on the Skill System, I created a video about it. I broke down the skill system starting with how to purchase skill points, then went into every skill tree and explained every skill in the tree, the skills use, and their general worth.

Edited by Tesunie, 26 February 2020 - 07:54 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users